Add your comments about the QOR here!
I look forward to getting in touch with some of my past friends & foe.
Any one know where Ralph Goebel’s where abouts,I’d sent him a xmas card but it was returned recently, pls advise.
Sure ! !
Harold did you ever find Ralph, we were in 161 together ?
my initial has been wrong since 1965.i am sg70895brown pf.i am also the best recruit of 127 pl.i am still very very proud of the qorOF c
98 platoon Currie
LOOKING FOR GUYS THAT WERE IN 89 PLATOON
Jurgen I emailed you a year ago and I never heard back from you. Contact me
e mail me FRANK
Jerry Schroll from Frank
any one cancontactme yove hear fhomyou
Looking for members of 155 platoon who trained in Calgary.
I forgot give my email for anyone from platoon 155 could contact me
Check out these recently digitized films from 1960 (2) and 1971:
INFO WANTED ON QOR PERSONNEL OPERATIONAL OR EXERCISE DEPLOYMENTS SINCE KOREA:
We are trying to update the Timelines on our Regimental Museum website with all deployments of QOR soldiers on operation or exercise outside of Canada EXCEPT reg force battalion deployments to Germany and Cyprus; training in the US; or deployments to Afghanistan up to 2011 (we WOULD like to include completed post 2011 deployments to Afghanistan or operational postings to the US.)
You can send information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for the following information:
– Name and rank at time of deployment (if you would prefer not to have your name on the website, please include it for our records but note this and we will only include rank (e.g. “Corporal deployed to X for operation Y” etc.
– Operation/exercise name, location and purpose (in a few words only)
– Dates of departure and return – preferably day, month, year or at least month, year.
– Names/number of other QOR who participated – or in the case of a larger group, perhaps a more general description such as “platoon sized group” or something similar.
– Any commendations or special recognition awarded
– Any other info you think worth noting (briefly smile emoticon )
Thanks in advance for your help and please share with anyone you think may have a contribution to provide to us!!
P.S. To be clear in case it sounded like we didn’t care, we already include info on Germany, Cyprus and Afghanistan up to 2011. We may collect US training deployments in the future.
Congratulations on getting your site organized. Good job- Looks Great. A reminder to all interested QOR members of the Celebrations taking place in Gander and Botwood August 7th-9th celebrating 75 Anniversary of QOR in NL in 1940. Check out the details at QOR-east.com. Come join the fun. General Rick Hillier Guest Speaker. See you there !!
received the new QOR book great read goes back a fair way but you can pick and choose what one reads
just ordered new Queens Own book prior to end oct don’t know when get here but might be a good read
I ran into Gilles Pharand while camping this summer and we had a great talk about the regiment and I am very interested in joining your group. I served in 1 QOR of C in Victoria from 1967 until we rebadged in 1970.
Great site .hope every one is well
Well done very nice site. I will send you a copy of my Power Point portion of the kit shop to include on the web site.